Friday, January 8, 2010

Do you use Campbell's soups a lot in your recipes?

Yup. I live in the Scandinavian dominated portion of northern Minnesota. Campell's goes in to everything here except cookie dough. It's just the way it's been for a hundred years. People often laugh at themselves over their dependence on soups as a part of main dish preparation. If there were no soup concentrates available, it would become a smuggled black market commodity here.Do you use Campbell's soups a lot in your recipes?
I have about 4 dishes I use it with.Do you use Campbell's soups a lot in your recipes?
No, I've never used it in my recipes.





My recipes still taste the best, I use ingredients that a 'raw'.
No they're too salty.
Cream of chicken works great as an enchilada sauce.


INGREDIENTS





* 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's庐 Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's庐 Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup


* 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream


* 1 cup Pace庐 Picante Sauce


* 2 teaspoons chili powder


* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken


* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese


* 10 Mission庐 Fajita Size Flour Tortillas, warmed


* 1 medium tomato, chopped


* 1 green onion, sliced





DIRECTIONS





1. Mix soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder.


2. Mix 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese.


3. Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pour remaining picante sauce mixture over enchiladas. Cover.


4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until hot. Top with tomato and onion.





TIP





For 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 4 cups boiling water, cook 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Drain and chop chicken.
yup love it, storganough, greenbean caserol, cream of mushroom soup chicken.
I used to until I got worried about sodium and fat. They do have reduced fat cream of mushroom now, so I use that quite a bit. It's really good in that chicken and rice dish where you put raw rice in a baking pan, put the chicken on top, pour the soup and a can or water over it and bake it.
I use a lot of Campbells soup in my casserole dishes. I also use them in my stuffing and gravy. They can add a perfect flavor to anything. I love them.
No,not a whole lot. But the ones that I do sure are yummy!
I use them for chicken on down and hamburger dishes too .
no
I always keep some cream soups in the pantry, for emergency dinners... but I only use it in a couple of recipes regularly. We don't eat alot of casseroles, and don't really like sauces over things.... (But the Hash Brown Potato Casserole I make is soooo good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment