Saturday, December 19, 2009

Recipe calling for a can of soup?

I was reading recipes on the web trying to find something to make for dinner and noticed that a lot of them will call for a can of soup. Now my question is when making this recipe do I make the soup like its directions first then add to the meal. Or it it just the soup minus the water or milk you would use if you were just going to make soup? What if it a dry mix?Recipe calling for a can of soup?
No. Just add the soup from the can; don't make the soup following the directions on the can. If a recipe call for a dry mix, then just add the dry mix.Recipe calling for a can of soup?
Just open the can and dump it in - that's it. Don't add anything.





If they specify a can of soup you shouldn't use dry mix.
They mean a can of campbells condensed soup. If they want liquid added they mention that separately.
Usually it means to use the soup just as it comes from the can. If it is a dry soup mix, just as it comes from the package unless otherwise noted.





I use a lot of canned soups in my house. I also use a lot of the Onion Soup mixes. I use them just as if they are dry seasonings.





Like one of my recipes calls for 3 cans Mushroom soup and 1 package Lipton Onion.





I blend the Onion into the 3 cans of soup without adding any more water.
Use the soup as is. Do not add anything to it.


Even if it's dry, as long as the recipe calls for dry soup mix.
unless otherwise instructed in the recipe you are making, you use the soup straight from the can, with nothing added.





dry mix would also be the same. I have a pot roast recipe that uses one packet of onion soup mix. because it has a lot of liquid already in the recipe, you just use the soup mix for flavoring.
Try looking through this free E-book, it's got 490 award winning recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment