Sunday, December 27, 2009

Transporting soup and larger size recipes....?

Hi, I just recently volunteered to feed approx 30 people once or twice a month. Essentially my responsibility is to stay within a 75 dollar budget, cook/prepare all the food, bring it cooked and ready, set it up, leave, then come back two hours later and clean up. I've made good use of crock-pots. But I'm not sure my recent selection of chicken noodle soup can be transported without huge spillage since it's so broth-y. I know I should have thought of that FIRST, but I didn't. Any ideas? Also if you've ever done anything like this, if you have any websites/recipe sites you'd recommend for some larger scale recipes or things you know travel well and are well liked? I'm running out of ideas. Thank you very much!Transporting soup and larger size recipes....?
I would suggest using a drink cooler, like the kind you see in football games when they get dumped on the coach. They can hold around five gallons of liquid, have a watertight lid, and best of all they are insulated so hot soup will stay hot inside! and if you were trying to serve something like say hot chocolate they even have a handy pouring spout on the bottom. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment