Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can somebody give me a recipe for a vegetarian 'chicknen rice soup';?

Here's the deal, I'm sick, I really want some soup, but all we have is chicken soup, and I'm a vegetarian , Right now rice soup sounds really good. So, any recipes? Thanks!Can somebody give me a recipe for a vegetarian 'chicknen rice soup';?
You can by ready made vegetable broth. (Try the low sodium kind) you can put anything you like in it.


You can fry small pieces of tofu in oil and garlic and add it to the soup for protein.


Or you can make the rice and when it is almost cooked add it to tomato soup.





My favorite rice dish (if you eat dairy) is rice, butter, parmesan and ricotta cheeses and sauteed mushrooms and onions.Can somebody give me a recipe for a vegetarian 'chicknen rice soup';?
Using the chicken soup doesn't seem to be an option. If you're not used to eating meat, it will probably make you feel sick anyway.





Stock up on ready made vegetable broth. If you can find low sodium that's better, but it's really hard to find. Instead I just use less broth and more water. Saute some onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms, nuke some carrots (they take so much longer to cook) and toss them in, cook on a low boil until the stuff is tender. Dice some zucchini and yellow squash and add them at the same time as the rice. Remember that rice really expands so use less than you think you want. When the rice is done, you can add a can of rinsed and drained beans, and you have a nice healthy meal. I season with a this stuff called Soul Food Seasoning I get at the store. It has salt, pepper, garlic and paprika in it, and maybe some other stuff.
ummmm, well my mom makes the BEST soup ever!!! Guess what's in it??? VEGIES!!! Forget the chicken, just get some nice vegies, like carrots, cabbage, potatoes, green beans and just stir it up (mmmm- I love it already) Be Creative! (or go to a store and buy a all vegtable one) My friend is vegetarian (i hsould be to, since I absolutly HATE meat- but my mom forces it down) and she just adds tofu to any recipy that calls for chicken- you could do that!! Also try this website: http://www.theveggietable.com/recipes/so鈥?/a> looks like something good might be there. Ahhh, almost forgot- try this one too: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Friday-Nigh鈥?/a> (i use this one all the time- ussually for peunut butter cookies) =] well I hope I have helped you! Ta- Ta for now!
Obviously chicken takes it out of the vegetarian category. Too bad because there are healing properties in chicken soup. Fry up some onions and celery, add carrots and whatever veggies you like, some rice and tomato juice. Voila! Vegetable soup.
yeah put the cat in the microwave and set to high LOL.no for real through if all you have is chicken noodle soup and rice soup get a bowl put your rice soup in it the take you noodle soup run it through a strainer and pick the chicken out and then heat and eat.
u go to th chinese medicine shop n but th soup medicine n put th vegetarian chicken it 2 boil 4 one and half hour then u can drink
http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupsstew鈥?/a>
if you have just rice soup add tofu instead of eating chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment