Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I am looking for a recipe for Minnesota wild rice soup.?

I have found many Minnesota wild rice soup recipes but I have not been able to find the one I originally used. The recipe requires blending beaten eggs into the soup very slowly, (otherwise it looks like egg drop soup). If anyone has a MWR soup recipe that uses eggs as part of the recipe I would sure love to see it or at least the website I can fine it on. ThanksI am looking for a recipe for Minnesota wild rice soup.?
Couldn't find your recipe, per se, but it sounds like a recipe for Avoeglemono Greek Soup, or Greek Lemon Soup without the lemon juice.I am looking for a recipe for Minnesota wild rice soup.?
MINNESOTA WILD RICE SOUP





1 lb. lean ground beef


1/2 tsp. salt


1 tbsp. Italian seasoning


1 c. raw wild rice


1/2 tsp. black pepper


4 ribs celery, sliced


2 lg. onions, sliced


1 c. water


3 drops Tabasco sauce


2 tsp. beef bouillon


3 (10 oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup


2 soup cans water





In a large (at least 4 quart) heavy kettle, brown the beef with the salt and Italian seasoning, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Add the wild rice, 1 cup water, Tabasco sauce, bouillon granules, pepper, celery and onion. Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes. Stir in the soup and cans of water. Cover and simmer another 30 minutes. Serves 8-10.
I googled this and got recipe after recipe. I just cannot go through all those recipes for you. google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment