Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can any soup be canned or does it have to be a ';canning recipe';?

I would like to start canning. I have a water canner and a pressure canner. I am new to canning and need to now if I can can my recipes or do I have to use special recipes. If I can can my recipes, do I have to change table salt to canning salt in the recipe? What other changes do I have to make to my recipes so I can can them?Can any soup be canned or does it have to be a ';canning recipe';?
Any soup can be canned but some will be better than others. For high acid foods the water bath canner is ok. For low acid foods the pressure canner should be used for safety reasons. A good book for canning recipes and methods is ';Stocking Up'; published by Rodale Press. It also covers other methods of food preservation.Can any soup be canned or does it have to be a ';canning recipe';?
You need to get a book on canning


YES


any recipe can be canned


it is even better than freezing ..


I did not read all that rant..


none


just follow the instructions for either canning process to the letter

No comments:

Post a Comment