Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is there an herb that can be used in place of thyme? it's for a split pea soup recipe. thanks.?

MarjoramIs there an herb that can be used in place of thyme? it's for a split pea soup recipe. thanks.?
oreganoIs there an herb that can be used in place of thyme? it's for a split pea soup recipe. thanks.?
I love recipe variations...it is a great crowd pleasure and topic of conversation with company. My mom used thyme and marjorim along with bay leaf in her split pea soup.





I didn't have thyme or marjorim but used rosemary and got wonderful reviews from the family and friends.
My recipe for split pea soup doesn't call for thyme at all. Instead I put ground marjoram in it, along with the bay leaves. And the ham hocks take care of the rest of the flavor.
for something different, i sometimes add a little curry in my split pea.
I think mint sounds good
Oregano should come the closest to the taste of thyme.
Rosemary in pea soup is SO SO SO good. Try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment