Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can I substitute Cream of Celery Soup for Cream of Mushroom in a slow-cooker pot roast recipe?

Will it taste bad if I use the celery soup instead of the mushroom? Has anyone actually done this?Can I substitute Cream of Celery Soup for Cream of Mushroom in a slow-cooker pot roast recipe?
Yes, I have done this, and no, it will not taste bad -- you may want to adjust the herbs and seasoning you use in your recipe...like not putting in any celery, maybe adding a cup or two of mushrooms that have been sliced or dicedCan I substitute Cream of Celery Soup for Cream of Mushroom in a slow-cooker pot roast recipe?
You can definitely substitute any cream of soup for another. I generally add to my soups a teaspoonful of base (beef or chicken). Base is kind of like bouillon only moister. When I'm working with beef, I always add the beef base. With pork or chicken I use the chicken base. The beef base will help make your gravy brown.
You can actually. My dad is allergic to mushrooms so my step mom replaces the mushroom with many different types of ';Cream of _____'; soups. It's never been bad if you ask me. Cream of Potatoe is very good with pot roast as well.
It will taste fine. I do it all the time. One of my children hates anything with mushrooms so I usually substitute cream of celery. Watch your salt, though I think the celery is saltier.
it should be fine. sometimes my family substitutes cream of celery for cream of mushroom in green bean casserole, and I think it tastes the same either way. they're all the same anyways!
You can use whatever you fancy at the time, so yes it will be OK and it will taste of celery and not mushroom.
you can definitely substitute one of those for the other. it will be fine.





Happy Cooking!
either one would work I often substitute one for the other and it works just fine...
No it will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment