Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In recipes, how to replace canned soups (hard to find in Barcelona)?

I麓m looking for a simple substitute to cook with, not a homemade soup recipe. Thanks!In recipes, how to replace canned soups (hard to find in Barcelona)?
You could use powdered Bouillion





As well as packed Knorrs soup I have seen them all over the world.





You can also make good stock by saving vegetable ends and storing them in a freezer.





When you are ready to cook boil them and use the stock.





I hope this helpsIn recipes, how to replace canned soups (hard to find in Barcelona)?
Have you tried looking for your favorite soups on the Internet?


I live in the USA and I buy my favorite Wolfgang Puck Soups on the Internet. I can also get soups by Baxter of Scotland.
Im afraid there isnt many options other than homemade soup, but you can use 'instant' mixes, to add to the soup aswell as the ingerdients...i would go into your local shop and ask, as we dont know what is available where you live.
ASPARAGUS SOUP





3 bunches of asparagus


1 quart of cream or milk


1 tablespoon of butter


1/2 tablespoon flour





Boil the asparagus in 1 quart salt water till tender. Drain water off, then add cream. Rub butter and flour together and add before taking from the stove. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with toasted bread or crackers


WHAT KIND OF SOUP ARE YOU LOOKING FOR , IM IN SEVILLA MAYBE I CAN HELP YOU.
I found this online... have not tried it. I would use a bit of milk or cream with the broth as well, I think:





Cream soup - I try not to use canned cream soups anymore. Sooooo I cook up approximately l cup of veggies in 1 cup of broth - chicken, beef, etc. Then I make a ';cream'; out of corn starch and/or flour adding a tbsp or so to a cup of liquid. Whichever ';tickles your fancy. I choose corn starch as it cooks up clear. Also do this to thicken the soups that I make from scratch. This is similar to gravy. No salt needed if broth is used.
2 cups of instant powdered milk


3/4 cup cornstarch


1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules


2 tablespoons dry onion flakes


1 teaspoon each basil and garlic powder


1/2 teaspoon pepper


2 tablespoons dry celery flakes (optional)





To cook: combine 1/3-cup mix and 1-1/4 cups cool tap water in a small saucepan. Stir it well and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for a full minute. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature. It is now ready to use in any recipe calling for a can of Cream of Mushroom or Celery or Chicken Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment